Hey FIT LV Crew!
Keeping it short and sweet on this WINSday to reiterate the importance of self belief and visualization. Too often we set a goal, we say the words out loud, write them down but don't actually believe we can accomplish them. When I say believe, I mean being able to close your eyes and FEEL what it would feel like to achieve this goal.
Let me give you some examples:
1) 💪🏽Weight loss or aesthetic goal: Lots of people come to our program with a goal to lose "X" lbs but the thought about what life would be like or feel like hasn't truly crossed their mind. If this is you, let's take it a step further.
-How would it feel like if you lost "X" pounds? How would your clothes fit? How would it feel to run with your kids? How would it feel to go to the beach in a swimsuit?
2) 💰Financial security goal: A lot of people say "I want to make more money," but that is the end of the convo. How much more money specially, and by when? How would it feel to hit the financial goal? How would holidays look if you hit that goal? Can you picture and feel what a vacation would be like if you didn't have financial stressors?
3)❤️ Healthy relationship goal: I know a lot of people long for a healthy relationship or finding "the one," but they don't sit with those feelings. How would a supportive and loving partner make you feel? What would your date nights look like? How would you visualize your days together?
📝Take whatever your goal is and apply the following questions to it. Grab a journal and jot down your answers:
- How would you FEEL if you achieved your goal?
- What emotions would be prevalent?
- How would your life improve if you hit your goal?
- How would you hitting your goal help those who you love the most?
- What does your life look like in 5 years after you have met and exceeded your goal?
- What habits do you need to adopt in order to reach this goal?
- What habits are not serving you right now that you can remove?
"Create a vision of who you want to be, then live into that picture as if it were already true." -Arnold Schwazenegger
Now that you have reflected on your goal and how you would FEEL once you hit it. I want you to start living your life as if you are there. The above quote by Arnold is saying to LIVE your life as if you were already there. How can this apply? Let me give you an example straight from Atomic Habits. (If you haven't read this, go get it now!)
Live like you've already accomplished it!
In "Atomic Habits," the author writes about having a weight loss goal and how the person lost over 100lbs just by making choices "as if" he were a fit person.
What would a fit person do: stairs or elevator?
What would a fit person order on the menu: fried or grilled chicken?
Would a fit person exercise today or sleep in?
He applied the "fit person filter" to every decision he made for a year and lost 100lbs. How could your life change if you applied a filter to your daily choices. What would a financially responsible person do? What would a person looking for a healthy relationship do.. Fill in the "X type" of person with your goal outcome and see how your life changes.
SEE it, FEEL. it, BELIEVE it, ACT like it✨
Just to recap:
- Identify your goal
- Run it through the question
- Feel how it would feel to accomplish this goal
- Actually believe you are going to meet and exceed this goal
- Start acting like a person that has accomplished this goal!
➡️Set your alarm early enough to give you at least 30 minutes of quiet alone time in the morning (I have worked it back to 2 hours of quiet alone time at this point:))
➡️Have your coffee pot or favorite beverage set and ready to go.
➡️Lay out a self development book or podcast to consume first thing versus mindless scrolling on social.
➡️Spend a few minutes practicing gratitude. This could be writing three things you're grateful for or just intentionally sitting with your thoughts.
➡️Get your blood flowing. Walk a mile, stretch, meditate, breathwork, or get a quick workout in. Feeling your body wake up is a great way to get an endorphin hit first thing.
If you aren't in the Facebook group, click the link to join and get the details🙌🏽
As always, thanks for being here.
-Coach K ❤️